Are you passionate about sporting events, a great communicator, who is passionate about engaging with supporters and managing volunteers?
Do you want to be part of the London Marathon, the UK’s largest sporting events that helps to raise money for various charities including Starlight Foundation, a national children’s charity dedicated to using the power of play to make the experience of illness and treatment better for children and their families?
Do you want to be part of an ambitious and dynamic team who are at the beginning of their exciting strategy and new brand with exciting campaigns in the pipeline?
Charity People are thrilled to be working with Starlight Foundation to find them a Community and Challenge Events Co-ordinator to deliver Starlight’s participation in the London Marathon event in 2023 with excellent supporter care and relationship management and to increase reach and engagement with new audiences.
London Marathon and Community Fundraiser Coordinator – Starlight Foundation
Contract (9 months with a possible extension to 12)
Location: London (Hammersmith) – Hybrid working and flexible working
Salary: £28,000 – £31,000 per annum depending on experience.
- You will provide excellent supporter care and cultivate relationships with all London Marathon participants and Community Fundraisers via phone, email and social media.
- You will assist on the recruitment, management and relations of local Hammersmith businesses, community groups and school and increase the visibility of Starlight through community work in order to help make Starlight the charity of their choice.
- You will use digital tools and social media to promote events and interact with supporters.
- You will support your team with the Starlight Christmas campaign and other Community Fundraising activities throughout the team to help grow income.
And much more exciting things…
This role requires someone who…
- Has experience running a sporting event, ideally the London Marathon or a similar event
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills including email, telephone and written
- Is an organised, innovative, and enthusiastic project coordinator
- Has demonstratable relationship building skills
- Has great customer service skills
- Is innovative and can bring new, fresh ideas to the team
- Can work well on their own initiative
- Is passionate about the mission
How to apply
If this sounds of interest then we’d love to hear from you, please submit only your CV at this stage to Tanya at Charity People. Due to the volume of applications we receive we can only contact successful candidates. If you are successful, we will invite you for an initial phone call with more info on how to apply.
Please note that we are shortlisting on a rolling basis and we may interview and reserve the right to close the role if we receive a number of high quality applications.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We want to do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.